Do you ever find yourself feeling down? Maybe you had a bad day, or received some bad news. Maybe you're suffering from a bad breakup. Maybe somebody has a case of the Mondays [that would be me]. So you watch some sad movies, or read a sad book.
Or better yet, you listen to some sad songs. Studies show that listening to sad music when you're sad helps you feel better. So, here are 12 songs that I've chosen especially for you when you've got the blues. They always help me when I'm in a funk and I hope that they will help you, too.
Let me set the scene for you. It's raining outside. You're in your room. It's dark and you have some candles lit. You're laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Singing along with your heart and soul. Ready, set, go.
1. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam.
2. Creep by Radiohead.
3. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
4. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.
5. Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
6. Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.
7. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down.
8. Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye.
9. Grenade by Bruno Mars.
10. Rolling in the Deep by Adele.
11. Jolene by Dolly Parton.
12. Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers.
What are your favorite sad songs?