Holiday Cookie Swap: Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
*This post may contain affiliate links. In plain English, this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided.
Right now, you're probably thinking: Um, Mia... this isn't a food blog. And you are 100% correct. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you all and participate in the 2007 Holiday Cookie Swap that my lovely friend Lecy put together. Plus, it's the season of holiday parties and gatherings - lots of yummy dessert opportunities.
This is not my recipe. I take no credit for it. I found it in a paleo cookbook a few years ago called Paleo For Beginners: Essentials to Get Started. But I've made it a handful of times and it never fails to disappoint when you're trying to eat healthier, but need something to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips, which are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and serve.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
I hope you enjoy! Be sure to check out the other cookie swap recipes below as well. Bon appetit!
Pin this post!
Snowballs from Samantha at Carter's Cozy Nest
Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies from Mia at Mia Sutton Blog
Snickerdoodles from Lisa at Retro Housewife Goes Green
German Chocolate Cake Cookies from Abby at Winstead Wandering
Sugar Cookies from Lindsay at Pursuit of Pink
Vanillekipferl (Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies) from Sandra at The In Between Is Mine
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Ashley at Happy. Pretty. Sweet.
Cloud Snickerdoodles from Savannah at The Savvy Plate
Peppermint Whoopie Pies from Abi at Abi Tomberlin Blog
Peanut Butter Dreams Dog Treats from Beth at Daily Dog Tag
Grandma Hermits by Lecy at A Simpler Grace